Monday, January 25, 2010

Manic Monday Music Moment # 1

The song that hit me today is "Sounds Like Life" by Darryl Worley.  I have heard this some on the radio a number of times and it gets me every time.  Check out his website if you want to take a listen, if not, just take a moment to read the lyrics.  There are many days when I think my life or at least parts of it are pretty bad.  But this is one song that when I hear it, reminds me that my life isn't that bed, it's just, well, life!  So, next time you think that your life is horrible, remember these words from the chorus . . . 


Sounds like life to me, plain old destiny
Yeah, the only thing for certain is uncertainty
You gotta hold on tight, just enjoy the ride
Get used to all this unpredictability
Sounds like life 



And remember, there are LOTS of people out there who are dealing with a things a whole lot worse than the little uncertainties of our lives, think for a moment of the people in Haiti, who have lost everything, entire cities have been wiped out, friends and loved ones are injured, missing and dead, and the things that we take for granted every day, like food and water are virtually non-existent.  So, tomorrow, instead of complaining about the comparatively miniscule problems of my life, I am going to sing this song to myself and suck it up!


Sounds like life to me, it ain't no fantasy
It's just a common case of everyday reality
Man, I know it's tough but you've gotta suck it up
To hear you talk, you're caught up in some tragedy
Sounds like life to me 







Side note:  For those of you who have heard the song or read all of the lyrics, could you please explain to me if Johnny Ray fell of the wagon, shouldn't his friend be getting him to STOP drinking, not ordering him another drink???







No comments:

Post a Comment