Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stressed or Tired . . . Tired or Stressed?

Am I more stressed because I am tired or am I more tired because I am stressed??

I have been pondering this for a few days and I am beginning to think that it is much like the proverbial "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" question.

There is no doubt about it that I am stressed.  There have been a number of things going on at work since the Christmas break, there are a million and one things that I need to do around the house, not to mention all the day to day mom things . . . mix it all together and you've got one big batch of STRESS!  However, I am also exhausted.

Being tired has become a normal part of my existence, but I often lie awake at night with my mind filled with thoughts off all the things that are going on and all the things that I need to do.  So, it seems as though my stress is causing my exhaustion.

But wait, because I am tired, I put off doing many of the things that need doing - the things around the house, volunteer things that I've committed too . . . the list is much longer, but you the idea!  Knowing that all these things (many of which have deadlines) need to be done and that I don't have the energy (or time) to do them gets me all stressed out again.

So, could someone please tell me - am I stressed because I am tired or am I tired because I am stress?  Or am I just tired and stressed because I am a working mom?  Please, give me answer, because I would really be stressing over this if I could stay awake to think about it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment