Saturday, January 16, 2010

When is my Weekend?

"The weekend -- one or two days, typically Saturday and Sunday -- is a time during which most paid workers do not work. This is a time for leisure and recreation, or for religious activities. There is substantially less activity on many websites on weekends."  (http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definition/weekend)


That does not at all sound like my weekends . . . how about yours?  I no longer get to sleep late on weekends, unless 6:30 am counts as sleeping in.  I spend my days cleaning and organizing the house, doing laundry, grocery shopping, and whatever else I didn't have the time or energy for during the week . . . all in between looking after a one year old.


Gone are the days when I could just tell hubby that I was going out shopping and go with out any worries. Gone are the days when I can go out for a girls night.  Gone are the days when I can do anything without planning ahead and packing a diaper bag complete with snacks and sippy cups.  Gone are the days when the weekend is, like the definition states, a time for leisure and recreation . . . the weekend is now the time for my "other job" the one without a pay cheque!


Side note . . . as proof of how busy my weekend days can be, I started writing this post at about 8:00 am and am not posting it at almost 5:40 pm.  



No comments:

Post a Comment