Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Potty Training Tuesday #15

The Potty Training Yo-Yo!

(Yes, I am aware that it is Wednesday, I am going to say that I am not a day late with this post but almost a week early . . . are you buying it?)

We are having a bit of a yo-yo effect happening with Liam's potty training.  And although I know it is perfectly normal, I don't like it!!!

The weekend before last, the yo-yo was flying high.  Liam asked numerous times to sit on the potty AND peed three times!  I was thrilled and hoping that it was the breakthrough that I had been waiting for - the success and interest that indicated that it was time to take potty training to the next level.

Through the week, Liam is in daycare full time and sits regularly on the toilet but hasn't had any success yet.  There isn't a lit of opportunity at home, during the week for any hardcore potty training, so, I planned to give it a go this past weekend.

I think (and hope) that an accident or two in underwear will be what Liam needs to get the idea.  He HATES it when his diaper leaks and his pants get wet.

Well, let's just say that hard core potty training did not happen this weekend.  The yo-yo fell hard, all the way to the floor.  There was absolutely NO interest in sitting on the potty all weekend, except when it was being used as a way to avoid bath time.  (Bath time is the most dreaded of all times in our house.)

So we are still in the wait and what happens phase.  We continue to encourage and praise every little step towards our goal, as we anxiously wait for the next opportunity to step it up.  Someday he will be ready.

People used to tell me that I was lucky that I had some much potty training experience, that it would make potty training my own child so much easier.  I always just laughed and joked that my experience and knowledge would probably backfire and my kid would go to kindergarden in diapers.  I am now beginning to fear that I jinxed myself!  

Hopefully, I am wrong and the yo-yo will be on it's way back up very soon, because I would really like to not have to buy diapers anymore!




Stay tuned for more tips, tricks and advice every Tuesday!  And please do share your own experiences!  I am always looking for ways to make potty training easier for myself, not only at work, but also at home as I will soon be jumping in head first to potty train Liam!



No comments:

Post a Comment